Matrix goes Online in January
The ever cut-throat MMORPG market just got a little less crowded this Christmas, with word from Sega and Warner Bros. Interactive, that their forthcoming Shiny developed online Matrix game will not be released in November after all. Instead, an ambitious dual release on January 18th in Europe and North America was announced, with a pre-order program kicking off next week. Instead, we're told to expect a closed beta test beginning on November 18th, to which those pre-ordering will gain automatic access.
Pre-ordering gamers will receive the title three days ahead of the other plebeians, and will even receive in-game avatars with "an advanced-level 'Hyper Jump' ability with a special effect." The game is being created with the input of the Wachowski brothers, and will feature three classes of character and a premise which continues the saga from the trilogy of films.
More on this as we get it.
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities