Matrix goes Online in January
The ever cut-throat MMORPG market just got a little less crowded this Christmas, with word from Sega and Warner Bros. Interactive, that their forthcoming Shiny developed online Matrix game will not be released in November after all. Instead, an ambitious dual release on January 18th in Europe and North America was announced, with a pre-order program kicking off next week. Instead, we're told to expect a closed beta test beginning on November 18th, to which those pre-ordering will gain automatic access.
Pre-ordering gamers will receive the title three days ahead of the other plebeians, and will even receive in-game avatars with "an advanced-level 'Hyper Jump' ability with a special effect." The game is being created with the input of the Wachowski brothers, and will feature three classes of character and a premise which continues the saga from the trilogy of films.
More on this as we get it.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter