Matrix goes Online in January
The ever cut-throat MMORPG market just got a little less crowded this Christmas, with word from Sega and Warner Bros. Interactive, that their forthcoming Shiny developed online Matrix game will not be released in November after all. Instead, an ambitious dual release on January 18th in Europe and North America was announced, with a pre-order program kicking off next week. Instead, we're told to expect a closed beta test beginning on November 18th, to which those pre-ordering will gain automatic access.
Pre-ordering gamers will receive the title three days ahead of the other plebeians, and will even receive in-game avatars with "an advanced-level 'Hyper Jump' ability with a special effect." The game is being created with the input of the Wachowski brothers, and will feature three classes of character and a premise which continues the saga from the trilogy of films.
More on this as we get it.
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts