Matrix goes Online in January
The ever cut-throat MMORPG market just got a little less crowded this Christmas, with word from Sega and Warner Bros. Interactive, that their forthcoming Shiny developed online Matrix game will not be released in November after all. Instead, an ambitious dual release on January 18th in Europe and North America was announced, with a pre-order program kicking off next week. Instead, we're told to expect a closed beta test beginning on November 18th, to which those pre-ordering will gain automatic access.
Pre-ordering gamers will receive the title three days ahead of the other plebeians, and will even receive in-game avatars with "an advanced-level 'Hyper Jump' ability with a special effect." The game is being created with the input of the Wachowski brothers, and will feature three classes of character and a premise which continues the saga from the trilogy of films.
More on this as we get it.
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3