Sony disables voucher redemption features on PSN to help stabilise PS4 launch issues
In order to try and speed up PSN for PS4 users in Europe Sony has disabled more features until things become a bit more stable.
The latest feature to go is the ability to redeem vouchers on the PlayStation Store. Any PS Plus subs codes, wallet top-up codes, PS3 to PS4 upgrade codes and other digital content vouchers are currently unavailable.
Anyone with a credit or debit card linked to their account can still buy things on the PlayStation Store and the PS Plus free trial is still available alongside trophies, messaging and party chat and online gaming are still all available.
Sony stated on the PS Blog Europe, “We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the 'redeem voucher' functionality whilst we investigate further.”
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO