Sony disables voucher redemption features on PSN to help stabilise PS4 launch issues
In order to try and speed up PSN for PS4 users in Europe Sony has disabled more features until things become a bit more stable.
The latest feature to go is the ability to redeem vouchers on the PlayStation Store. Any PS Plus subs codes, wallet top-up codes, PS3 to PS4 upgrade codes and other digital content vouchers are currently unavailable.
Anyone with a credit or debit card linked to their account can still buy things on the PlayStation Store and the PS Plus free trial is still available alongside trophies, messaging and party chat and online gaming are still all available.
Sony stated on the PS Blog Europe, “We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the 'redeem voucher' functionality whilst we investigate further.”
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone