Sony disables voucher redemption features on PSN to help stabilise PS4 launch issues
In order to try and speed up PSN for PS4 users in Europe Sony has disabled more features until things become a bit more stable.
The latest feature to go is the ability to redeem vouchers on the PlayStation Store. Any PS Plus subs codes, wallet top-up codes, PS3 to PS4 upgrade codes and other digital content vouchers are currently unavailable.
Anyone with a credit or debit card linked to their account can still buy things on the PlayStation Store and the PS Plus free trial is still available alongside trophies, messaging and party chat and online gaming are still all available.
Sony stated on the PS Blog Europe, “We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the 'redeem voucher' functionality whilst we investigate further.”
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light