Sony disables voucher redemption features on PSN to help stabilise PS4 launch issues
In order to try and speed up PSN for PS4 users in Europe Sony has disabled more features until things become a bit more stable.
The latest feature to go is the ability to redeem vouchers on the PlayStation Store. Any PS Plus subs codes, wallet top-up codes, PS3 to PS4 upgrade codes and other digital content vouchers are currently unavailable.
Anyone with a credit or debit card linked to their account can still buy things on the PlayStation Store and the PS Plus free trial is still available alongside trophies, messaging and party chat and online gaming are still all available.
Sony stated on the PS Blog Europe, “We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the 'redeem voucher' functionality whilst we investigate further.”
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny