Square builds on FF Online success
Clearly taken with the idea that their firm could be a major online RPG player, Square Enix yesterday revealed their next MMORPG by stealth - hiding promotional leaflets in copies of Final Fantasy Online expansion Chains of Promathia as they went on sale in Japan. The new title being developed is called Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion.
Little is known of the game beyond the CG and in-game footage released, which keeps much hidden, though a release next year seems likely. Final Fantasy XI: Online finally gets a release in Europe this week too, so we'll keep you posted on Square's MMORPG exploits.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3