Square builds on FF Online success
Clearly taken with the idea that their firm could be a major online RPG player, Square Enix yesterday revealed their next MMORPG by stealth - hiding promotional leaflets in copies of Final Fantasy Online expansion Chains of Promathia as they went on sale in Japan. The new title being developed is called Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion.
Little is known of the game beyond the CG and in-game footage released, which keeps much hidden, though a release next year seems likely. Final Fantasy XI: Online finally gets a release in Europe this week too, so we'll keep you posted on Square's MMORPG exploits.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One