Square builds on FF Online success
Clearly taken with the idea that their firm could be a major online RPG player, Square Enix yesterday revealed their next MMORPG by stealth - hiding promotional leaflets in copies of Final Fantasy Online expansion Chains of Promathia as they went on sale in Japan. The new title being developed is called Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion.
Little is known of the game beyond the CG and in-game footage released, which keeps much hidden, though a release next year seems likely. Final Fantasy XI: Online finally gets a release in Europe this week too, so we'll keep you posted on Square's MMORPG exploits.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update