Quake 4 details glimpsed
Despite neither magazine actually being available in shops as yet - details from forthcoming PC Zone UK and PC Gamer US Quake 4 previews have begun hitting the web, as generous subscribers share their editions with the eager online community. Whilst the scanned in images don't really do the game justice, looking much the same as Doom 3 in many cases - the details emerging are rather more enlightening.
Quake 4 begins just hours after the events of Quake 2, and we're told to expect a mix of solo missions and epic battles, alongside your fellow marines attacking the nasty Strogg. The blaster, machinegun, nailgun and shotgun will return from past Quake outings, and the premise will see our hero attacking the Strogg homeworld en masse, through both interior and exterior environs.
More news is expected to hit the web soon from the newly published previews, though we can leave you with word that the multiplayer aspect is being compared to Quake 3: Arena, though vehicles from the singleplayer game will not be available. More soon.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch