7 million concurrent users log in to the Steam Thanksgiving Sale
Valve has announced the user figures from the beginning of their Thanksgiving sale on Steam and they're up a healthy dose on last year.
This year the Steam Thanksgiving Sale has managed to garner 7 million concurrent users which is up on the 6 million reported last year.
Steam currently boasts 65 million registered users which again is up 15 million on last year's 50 million which is pretty impressive growth, especially given that there were 40 million registered users in 2011.
Compare this to Xbox Live which has just 48 million users and PSN which has 110 million registered users PC gaming seems to be managing just fine.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave