7 million concurrent users log in to the Steam Thanksgiving Sale
Valve has announced the user figures from the beginning of their Thanksgiving sale on Steam and they're up a healthy dose on last year.
This year the Steam Thanksgiving Sale has managed to garner 7 million concurrent users which is up on the 6 million reported last year.
Steam currently boasts 65 million registered users which again is up 15 million on last year's 50 million which is pretty impressive growth, especially given that there were 40 million registered users in 2011.
Compare this to Xbox Live which has just 48 million users and PSN which has 110 million registered users PC gaming seems to be managing just fine.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3