Doom film gets Andrzej Bartkowiak
Variety magazine is reporting the latest word on the pre-production of the official Doom movie, which until recently was scheduled to be directed by Enda McCallion who has been forced to quit the production on personal grounds. The licence will now be in the hands of action expert Andrzej Bartkowiak, the Polish director behind such slick-if-shallow outings as Romeo Must Die, Exit Wounds and Cradle 2 the Grave.
Rumours some time ago mooted The Rock as a likely marine in the new flick, though despite the aptness of such a casting it appears such speculation has since been debunked - with no further word forthcoming on the movie. We'll keep our noses to the ground, needless to say.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft