Doom film gets Andrzej Bartkowiak
Variety magazine is reporting the latest word on the pre-production of the official Doom movie, which until recently was scheduled to be directed by Enda McCallion who has been forced to quit the production on personal grounds. The licence will now be in the hands of action expert Andrzej Bartkowiak, the Polish director behind such slick-if-shallow outings as Romeo Must Die, Exit Wounds and Cradle 2 the Grave.
Rumours some time ago mooted The Rock as a likely marine in the new flick, though despite the aptness of such a casting it appears such speculation has since been debunked - with no further word forthcoming on the movie. We'll keep our noses to the ground, needless to say.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week