Doom 3 demo nears
id Software programmer Robert Duffy has confirmed that a demo of Doom 3 should be made available within the next few days, as the software is undergoing vigorous "QA" as we speak. The demo will contain three levels from the full title, and will be singleplayer only, we can report.
Duffy also announced the arrival of a 1.05 patch for Doom, stating "We don't anticipate any issues with it but felt it best to get it into the hands of a few thousand people rather than the entire customer base in case we missed something." The new download reportedly fixes a number of annoying gripes and misdemeanours, and is in limited supply via FileShack currently.
The update will be made available to Doom 3 players automatically once verified, and future updates will also add Punkbuster functionality, an SDK, and a Linux server. The future looks bright, all in all. More soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light