Dragon Empires bites the dust
"Technical issues" have been blamed for the cancellation of the impressive looking MMORPG Dragon Empires, in development at the UK's Codemasters for the last two years. The Codies thanked the online community that has grown around the upcoming title for their support, and stated that they still hoped to enter the highly competitive MMORPG genre soon.
Fortunately no staff were made redundant as part of this axing, with developers moving to other projects within the company. The 'technical issues' at the heart of the decision remain unexplained, but this is not the first ambitious online title to face the chop, with Mythica, True Fantasy Online, Warhammer Online and Ultima X Odyssey all biting the dust recently.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage