Dragon Empires bites the dust
"Technical issues" have been blamed for the cancellation of the impressive looking MMORPG Dragon Empires, in development at the UK's Codemasters for the last two years. The Codies thanked the online community that has grown around the upcoming title for their support, and stated that they still hoped to enter the highly competitive MMORPG genre soon.
Fortunately no staff were made redundant as part of this axing, with developers moving to other projects within the company. The 'technical issues' at the heart of the decision remain unexplained, but this is not the first ambitious online title to face the chop, with Mythica, True Fantasy Online, Warhammer Online and Ultima X Odyssey all biting the dust recently.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced