Dragon Empires bites the dust
"Technical issues" have been blamed for the cancellation of the impressive looking MMORPG Dragon Empires, in development at the UK's Codemasters for the last two years. The Codies thanked the online community that has grown around the upcoming title for their support, and stated that they still hoped to enter the highly competitive MMORPG genre soon.
Fortunately no staff were made redundant as part of this axing, with developers moving to other projects within the company. The 'technical issues' at the heart of the decision remain unexplained, but this is not the first ambitious online title to face the chop, with Mythica, True Fantasy Online, Warhammer Online and Ultima X Odyssey all biting the dust recently.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today