Dragon Empires bites the dust
"Technical issues" have been blamed for the cancellation of the impressive looking MMORPG Dragon Empires, in development at the UK's Codemasters for the last two years. The Codies thanked the online community that has grown around the upcoming title for their support, and stated that they still hoped to enter the highly competitive MMORPG genre soon.
Fortunately no staff were made redundant as part of this axing, with developers moving to other projects within the company. The 'technical issues' at the heart of the decision remain unexplained, but this is not the first ambitious online title to face the chop, with Mythica, True Fantasy Online, Warhammer Online and Ultima X Odyssey all biting the dust recently.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015