Dragon Empires bites the dust
"Technical issues" have been blamed for the cancellation of the impressive looking MMORPG Dragon Empires, in development at the UK's Codemasters for the last two years. The Codies thanked the online community that has grown around the upcoming title for their support, and stated that they still hoped to enter the highly competitive MMORPG genre soon.
Fortunately no staff were made redundant as part of this axing, with developers moving to other projects within the company. The 'technical issues' at the heart of the decision remain unexplained, but this is not the first ambitious online title to face the chop, with Mythica, True Fantasy Online, Warhammer Online and Ultima X Odyssey all biting the dust recently.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year