EA recruiting for a possible third Star Wars title
It seems like EA are going full steam ahead on their newly acquired Star Wars game license.
EA has just posted new job listings for a lead combat designer and an animation director to work on a “major next gen action game”. One of EA's recruiters Zeba Manki even pushed the lead combat designer vacancy on her Twitter account referring to it as being for a Star Wars title. She said, “Best job title EVER! Lead Combat Designer for Star Wars.”
EA has already confirmed that DICE are working on resurrecting the Star Wars: Battlefront series and Dead Space dev Visceral Games are working on their own Star Wars title too. Visceral usually make action games but they are based in California.
Either, the EA Canada positions will be collaborating on Visceral's game or they are making one of their own. Hopefully EA will tell us all one way or the other soon.
Thanks Crave Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3