ANNO 3 in development
Fans of colonial micromanagement sims will be gladdened to hear that another sequel to the entertaining ANNO 1503 / 1602 is on the way. Developers Related Designs are finally taking things into 3D and rather good it all looks too, even at this early stage. As well as hauling the graphics engine up into the 21st century some other details sound intriguing. As well as an optimised and expanded combat system the controls and multiplayer will also get a good seeing to.
Although it's a good way off till the 2006 release date the new ANNO game sounds like fun. According to the press release, "Experience the busy life in cities and villages at first hand and examine the animated biota from a very close perspective. And when proud merchant vessels cruise through realistic waves, farmers follow their daily tasks and a stiff breeze from the sea blows through the dense leafage of trees, the unique atmosphere of the ANNO world becomes literally tangible."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer