Deception on the Cube
Despite past denials that a Cube port was underway, Midway have today affirmed that Mortal Kombat: Deception is being created for the GameCube, which will join the PS2 and Xbox platforms early in 2005. This tentative dating is a little later than the other two formats, owing to special enhancements, though the game will lack the online play of the other consoles.
"The decision to hold or delay Deception from the GameCube platform was really driven from a need to turn the team's focus towards getting online gameplay solved on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox," explained marketing boss Steve Allison. The Xbox and PS2 will get the latest MK this October, and that as they say, is that.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released