Deception on the Cube
Despite past denials that a Cube port was underway, Midway have today affirmed that Mortal Kombat: Deception is being created for the GameCube, which will join the PS2 and Xbox platforms early in 2005. This tentative dating is a little later than the other two formats, owing to special enhancements, though the game will lack the online play of the other consoles.
"The decision to hold or delay Deception from the GameCube platform was really driven from a need to turn the team's focus towards getting online gameplay solved on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox," explained marketing boss Steve Allison. The Xbox and PS2 will get the latest MK this October, and that as they say, is that.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer