Deception on the Cube
Despite past denials that a Cube port was underway, Midway have today affirmed that Mortal Kombat: Deception is being created for the GameCube, which will join the PS2 and Xbox platforms early in 2005. This tentative dating is a little later than the other two formats, owing to special enhancements, though the game will lack the online play of the other consoles.
"The decision to hold or delay Deception from the GameCube platform was really driven from a need to turn the team's focus towards getting online gameplay solved on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox," explained marketing boss Steve Allison. The Xbox and PS2 will get the latest MK this October, and that as they say, is that.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year