Doom 3 Xbox slides towards 2005
With Doom 3 currently gracing PC's around the globe, Xbox owners are now certain to be looking on enviously, but smug in the knowledge their version of id's crucial FPS will come with enhanced modes like co-op and widened online support. This may however come as cold comfort to some, who will be disappointed to hear word today that the Xbox version will probably not be with us until early 2005 now.
Vicarious Visions take on Doom 3 - which is actually being built from the ground up - is likely to miss it's original Christmas 2004 date, id CEO Todd Hollenshead informed Reuters recently: "It's probably not going to come out this year." So don't get your hopes up for a launch this year seems to be the message, with the id boss adding "I'm not sure we're going to get there." More on this soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer