Doom 3 Xbox slides towards 2005
With Doom 3 currently gracing PC's around the globe, Xbox owners are now certain to be looking on enviously, but smug in the knowledge their version of id's crucial FPS will come with enhanced modes like co-op and widened online support. This may however come as cold comfort to some, who will be disappointed to hear word today that the Xbox version will probably not be with us until early 2005 now.
Vicarious Visions take on Doom 3 - which is actually being built from the ground up - is likely to miss it's original Christmas 2004 date, id CEO Todd Hollenshead informed Reuters recently: "It's probably not going to come out this year." So don't get your hopes up for a launch this year seems to be the message, with the id boss adding "I'm not sure we're going to get there." More on this soon.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine