SAS title creeps into view
A brand new SAS title utilizing the Unreal engine is currently being developed by the UK's Kuju in collaboration with Konami, and a team-based first-person shooter called The Regiment is on the way. PC and PS2 versions are scheduled with full multiplayer and voice communications planned.
Real tactics and realistic situations are promised with former SAS veterans on board to assist with accuracy, whilst the 1980 storming of the Iranian embassy will also serve as a point of influence. Mission briefings will be accessibly short - but accurate, we're informed - whilst former SAS soldier John MacAleese will provide the voicing.
The Regiment is just one of several titles under way at the up and coming Kuju, and the number of UK studios owned by Kuju has now hit four as they work on new titles for Sony and Activision as well.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network