Carmack offers next title clues
With the dust now settled over QuakeCon stateside, id Software mastermind John Carmack has revealed several clues as to the direction of id's next project, via a video address broadcast at the weekend event while Carmack was busy tending to his new-born baby. Carmack revealed that more singleplayer focus a la Doom 3 is on the cards once again, coupled with a small multiplayer component too.
Carmack also spoke of new uses for his Doom 3 game engine technology, with which he hopes to speed up game development, making designers lives easier whilst maintaining the progress of videogame visuals which has become id's trademark. The id head has in the past revealed that their next project will not be a sequel, prompting the tantalising prospect of a brand new 'IP', or game series, from the masters of the first-person genre.
Hopefully id will show us something of this new labour of love soon, though we somehow doubt it with Doom 3 on shelves and the prospect of multiple add-ons no doubt also under way. We'll keep you posted.
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC