Carmack offers next title clues
With the dust now settled over QuakeCon stateside, id Software mastermind John Carmack has revealed several clues as to the direction of id's next project, via a video address broadcast at the weekend event while Carmack was busy tending to his new-born baby. Carmack revealed that more singleplayer focus a la Doom 3 is on the cards once again, coupled with a small multiplayer component too.
Carmack also spoke of new uses for his Doom 3 game engine technology, with which he hopes to speed up game development, making designers lives easier whilst maintaining the progress of videogame visuals which has become id's trademark. The id head has in the past revealed that their next project will not be a sequel, prompting the tantalising prospect of a brand new 'IP', or game series, from the masters of the first-person genre.
Hopefully id will show us something of this new labour of love soon, though we somehow doubt it with Doom 3 on shelves and the prospect of multiple add-ons no doubt also under way. We'll keep you posted.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent