Carmack offers next title clues
With the dust now settled over QuakeCon stateside, id Software mastermind John Carmack has revealed several clues as to the direction of id's next project, via a video address broadcast at the weekend event while Carmack was busy tending to his new-born baby. Carmack revealed that more singleplayer focus a la Doom 3 is on the cards once again, coupled with a small multiplayer component too.
Carmack also spoke of new uses for his Doom 3 game engine technology, with which he hopes to speed up game development, making designers lives easier whilst maintaining the progress of videogame visuals which has become id's trademark. The id head has in the past revealed that their next project will not be a sequel, prompting the tantalising prospect of a brand new 'IP', or game series, from the masters of the first-person genre.
Hopefully id will show us something of this new labour of love soon, though we somehow doubt it with Doom 3 on shelves and the prospect of multiple add-ons no doubt also under way. We'll keep you posted.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto