"Say hello to my little game"
If you can hear the sounds of metal scrapping over metal then don't worry, your speakers aren't about to die. It's just the sound of Vivendi Universal Games fishing around at the very bottom of the game ideas barrel. Something which has borne 'fruit' with announcement of the development of a game based on the famous DePalma/Pacino gangster flick, Scarface. To be released on all consoles the game will allow players to take control of the titular Tony Montana as he travels through the steamy, violent streets of Miami, the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and other locales as he battles his way to the top of a drug-dealing criminal empire.
"The treacherous world of Scarface is a natural property to translate into a cinematic game play experience," said Michael Pole, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Studios for Vivendi Universal Games. "The game will feature cutting-edge technology, a compelling storyline and the unprecedented experience of playing as one of Hollywood's most notorious gangsters, Tony Montana."
"Scarface was a landmark film and has inspired countless movies and games," said Bill Kispert, vice president of Interactive at Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. "Having the chance to now bring gamers the authentic experience is an opportunity and challenge we are looking forward to."
Hollywood screen writer David McKenna, whose work on the film Blow should put him in good stead for Scarface – will fulfil the story-writing duties on the game, with developers Radical Games filling in the rest of the blanks. The game is expected to hit an Autumn 2005 release.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced