Playstation 3 goes Blu-Ray
Sony revealed yesterday that the DVD drives on its next-gen console will be powered by Sony's own Blu-Ray technology. Blu-Ray is one of two competing standards that are vying for common acceptance as the next standard for DVDs. Blu-Ray DVDs can hold 23Gb of information, as opposed to the 4.7Gb that current DVDs can manage. Sony will no doubt be keen on the idea of getting a large number of Blu-Ray devices out onto the market, and with predicted sales of the PS3 being this side of massive, they should get a good penetration without having to exert much in the way of effort.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side