Neverwinter Nights 2 in development
In some rather unsurprising news, a full sequel to the very popular, high-seller Neverwinter Nights has been announced. With publisher Atari aiming for a 2006 release, fans of the NWN gaming system will no doubt be pleased to know that a sequel is finally on the way. In a move that echoes that other recent BioWare success, KOTOR, the development reigns have been handed to Obsidian Entertainment. These are the same guys who are about to deliver the sequel to the Star Wars RPG, so NWN fans will soon be able to judge for themselves just how capable the hands are that will be coding NWN2.
"Neverwinter Nights is one of the most beloved RPG's of all time and we're pleased that Obsidian has taken on the challenge," said John Hight, executive producer, Atari. "Feargus and his team at Obsidian Entertainment are the best people on the planet to take up where BioWare left off and bring this great game to new levels. They are intimately familiar with what makes Neverwinter Nights special, they know what it takes to make a great game and they have the respect of the RPG community."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey