Neverwinter Nights 2 in development
In some rather unsurprising news, a full sequel to the very popular, high-seller Neverwinter Nights has been announced. With publisher Atari aiming for a 2006 release, fans of the NWN gaming system will no doubt be pleased to know that a sequel is finally on the way. In a move that echoes that other recent BioWare success, KOTOR, the development reigns have been handed to Obsidian Entertainment. These are the same guys who are about to deliver the sequel to the Star Wars RPG, so NWN fans will soon be able to judge for themselves just how capable the hands are that will be coding NWN2.
"Neverwinter Nights is one of the most beloved RPG's of all time and we're pleased that Obsidian has taken on the challenge," said John Hight, executive producer, Atari. "Feargus and his team at Obsidian Entertainment are the best people on the planet to take up where BioWare left off and bring this great game to new levels. They are intimately familiar with what makes Neverwinter Nights special, they know what it takes to make a great game and they have the respect of the RPG community."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter