Console CM5 Details
The greatest football management series of all time will be coming to the consoles next year. Going against earlier denials that they had any interest in taking the series onto the consoles, Eidos' European MD D Jonathan Kemp accompanied today's announcement with the following words -
"This is a great opportunity for us to build upon the phenomenal success of the Championship Manager brand by taking it to a whole new audience. We have long been aware of the great demand among PlayStation 2 owners to experience the world's most successful and realistic football management game. Our new technology being developed for Championship Manager 5 has been designed in a way to enable a faithful recreation of the Championship Manager experience on PlayStation 2 and Xbox."
It will be interesting to see just how well the venerable series manages to do after the departure of Sports Interactive, the team who originally conceived of the game and have been making sequels and updates to the Championship Manager series for the last 12 years, with first ChampMan coming out for the Amiga and ST in '92.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too