Console CM5 Details
The greatest football management series of all time will be coming to the consoles next year. Going against earlier denials that they had any interest in taking the series onto the consoles, Eidos' European MD D Jonathan Kemp accompanied today's announcement with the following words -
"This is a great opportunity for us to build upon the phenomenal success of the Championship Manager brand by taking it to a whole new audience. We have long been aware of the great demand among PlayStation 2 owners to experience the world's most successful and realistic football management game. Our new technology being developed for Championship Manager 5 has been designed in a way to enable a faithful recreation of the Championship Manager experience on PlayStation 2 and Xbox."
It will be interesting to see just how well the venerable series manages to do after the departure of Sports Interactive, the team who originally conceived of the game and have been making sequels and updates to the Championship Manager series for the last 12 years, with first ChampMan coming out for the Amiga and ST in '92.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer