Console CM5 Details
The greatest football management series of all time will be coming to the consoles next year. Going against earlier denials that they had any interest in taking the series onto the consoles, Eidos' European MD D Jonathan Kemp accompanied today's announcement with the following words -
"This is a great opportunity for us to build upon the phenomenal success of the Championship Manager brand by taking it to a whole new audience. We have long been aware of the great demand among PlayStation 2 owners to experience the world's most successful and realistic football management game. Our new technology being developed for Championship Manager 5 has been designed in a way to enable a faithful recreation of the Championship Manager experience on PlayStation 2 and Xbox."
It will be interesting to see just how well the venerable series manages to do after the departure of Sports Interactive, the team who originally conceived of the game and have been making sequels and updates to the Championship Manager series for the last 12 years, with first ChampMan coming out for the Amiga and ST in '92.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto