System Shock 2 Rebooted gets killed off
In sad news, the very promising project to update Irrational Software's seminal survival/horror RPG with the modern technology of the Doom 3 engine has had the axe of IP rights drop fatally onto its youthful neck. A representative from the current holders of the rights to the System Shock 2 IP, the massive publishing house EA, informed the understandably unhappy team that they must cease all work on updating the visuals of this 5 year old game.
Even though EA had recently released an exhaustive list of all is intellectual property, a list where System Shock 2 was conspicuous by its absence, it took a scant ten days between the project being announced and EA asking the team to "drop the name and any affiliation the mod has with System Shock or System Shock 2".
The committed gamers on the Rebooted staff have decided to create their own game, worthy of the title, "next-generation successor to the genre defined by the System Shock series." Pop on over to their site and give them some support.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto