System Shock 2 Rebooted gets killed off
In sad news, the very promising project to update Irrational Software's seminal survival/horror RPG with the modern technology of the Doom 3 engine has had the axe of IP rights drop fatally onto its youthful neck. A representative from the current holders of the rights to the System Shock 2 IP, the massive publishing house EA, informed the understandably unhappy team that they must cease all work on updating the visuals of this 5 year old game.
Even though EA had recently released an exhaustive list of all is intellectual property, a list where System Shock 2 was conspicuous by its absence, it took a scant ten days between the project being announced and EA asking the team to "drop the name and any affiliation the mod has with System Shock or System Shock 2".
The committed gamers on the Rebooted staff have decided to create their own game, worthy of the title, "next-generation successor to the genre defined by the System Shock series." Pop on over to their site and give them some support.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America