System Shock 2 Rebooted gets killed off
In sad news, the very promising project to update Irrational Software's seminal survival/horror RPG with the modern technology of the Doom 3 engine has had the axe of IP rights drop fatally onto its youthful neck. A representative from the current holders of the rights to the System Shock 2 IP, the massive publishing house EA, informed the understandably unhappy team that they must cease all work on updating the visuals of this 5 year old game.
Even though EA had recently released an exhaustive list of all is intellectual property, a list where System Shock 2 was conspicuous by its absence, it took a scant ten days between the project being announced and EA asking the team to "drop the name and any affiliation the mod has with System Shock or System Shock 2".
The committed gamers on the Rebooted staff have decided to create their own game, worthy of the title, "next-generation successor to the genre defined by the System Shock series." Pop on over to their site and give them some support.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone