STALKER lurks until 2005
In a move that shows that THQ know who the daddies will be at the tail end of this year, the company has decided to refrain from publishing until the start of the next. Rather then go head to head against the FPS titans that are Doom 3, Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 the publishers has wisely opted to unleash the Stalker in the first quarter of 2005.
During a conference call to investors this week THQ's CEO Brain Farrell said, "Let's keep Stalker away from that", in reference to the wave of high-publicity and high-expectation shooters that will seal 2004 as the year of the next-gen FPS. Hoping that gamers will have bested these AAA titles and will be looking for something fresh come the end of winter, THQ will be eager that their very impressive looking take on the genre will get both the sales and the notice that they believe it deserves.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light