STALKER lurks until 2005
In a move that shows that THQ know who the daddies will be at the tail end of this year, the company has decided to refrain from publishing until the start of the next. Rather then go head to head against the FPS titans that are Doom 3, Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 the publishers has wisely opted to unleash the Stalker in the first quarter of 2005.
During a conference call to investors this week THQ's CEO Brain Farrell said, "Let's keep Stalker away from that", in reference to the wave of high-publicity and high-expectation shooters that will seal 2004 as the year of the next-gen FPS. Hoping that gamers will have bested these AAA titles and will be looking for something fresh come the end of winter, THQ will be eager that their very impressive looking take on the genre will get both the sales and the notice that they believe it deserves.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey