More walkouts at Rare
The sad times continue at one the one-time all-conquering British developer. Over the weekend a handful more employees followed their colleagues out the door. With some sources saying that these recent departures are significant, things look far from rosy.
Ever since Microsoft bought out Rare from under the noses of their long-time partners Nintendo, the company has been unable to make a positive contribution to the software market. With only one release, the less than stellar Grabbed by the Ghoulies, having made it to the shelves since the buyout, Rare have frequently been the focus point for a lot of unhappy grumblings. Only their massively multiplayer Conker: Live and Reloaded has been garnering any positive press, so this latest revelation must be troubling to both fans and investors alike.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week