More walkouts at Rare
The sad times continue at one the one-time all-conquering British developer. Over the weekend a handful more employees followed their colleagues out the door. With some sources saying that these recent departures are significant, things look far from rosy.
Ever since Microsoft bought out Rare from under the noses of their long-time partners Nintendo, the company has been unable to make a positive contribution to the software market. With only one release, the less than stellar Grabbed by the Ghoulies, having made it to the shelves since the buyout, Rare have frequently been the focus point for a lot of unhappy grumblings. Only their massively multiplayer Conker: Live and Reloaded has been garnering any positive press, so this latest revelation must be troubling to both fans and investors alike.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer