More walkouts at Rare
The sad times continue at one the one-time all-conquering British developer. Over the weekend a handful more employees followed their colleagues out the door. With some sources saying that these recent departures are significant, things look far from rosy.
Ever since Microsoft bought out Rare from under the noses of their long-time partners Nintendo, the company has been unable to make a positive contribution to the software market. With only one release, the less than stellar Grabbed by the Ghoulies, having made it to the shelves since the buyout, Rare have frequently been the focus point for a lot of unhappy grumblings. Only their massively multiplayer Conker: Live and Reloaded has been garnering any positive press, so this latest revelation must be troubling to both fans and investors alike.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year