More walkouts at Rare
The sad times continue at one the one-time all-conquering British developer. Over the weekend a handful more employees followed their colleagues out the door. With some sources saying that these recent departures are significant, things look far from rosy.
Ever since Microsoft bought out Rare from under the noses of their long-time partners Nintendo, the company has been unable to make a positive contribution to the software market. With only one release, the less than stellar Grabbed by the Ghoulies, having made it to the shelves since the buyout, Rare have frequently been the focus point for a lot of unhappy grumblings. Only their massively multiplayer Conker: Live and Reloaded has been garnering any positive press, so this latest revelation must be troubling to both fans and investors alike.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year