Outcast developers close shop?
Rumour has it...
Rumour has it, that Belgian development house Appeal have shut-up shop. No official word is out from Appeal, as yet, nor from any of the publishers they’re involved with, however a Dutch news site is reporting this sad news with quotes from a former Developer. Apparently, Outcast 2 was well underway on the PS2, though no progress had been made on the PC version at all. No reason has been offered as to the cause of the rumoured closure, though Appeal did recently reveal that development on the Outcast sequel had been indefinitely postponed. A financial-crisis would be the obvious cause, though we await some form of clarification. This development would be a great shame, given the excellence of the first Outcast, and the promising nature of the sequel.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone