Outcast developers close shop?
Rumour has it...
Rumour has it, that Belgian development house Appeal have shut-up shop. No official word is out from Appeal, as yet, nor from any of the publishers they’re involved with, however a Dutch news site is reporting this sad news with quotes from a former Developer. Apparently, Outcast 2 was well underway on the PS2, though no progress had been made on the PC version at all. No reason has been offered as to the cause of the rumoured closure, though Appeal did recently reveal that development on the Outcast sequel had been indefinitely postponed. A financial-crisis would be the obvious cause, though we await some form of clarification. This development would be a great shame, given the excellence of the first Outcast, and the promising nature of the sequel.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto