Outcast developers close shop?
Rumour has it...
Rumour has it, that Belgian development house Appeal have shut-up shop. No official word is out from Appeal, as yet, nor from any of the publishers they’re involved with, however a Dutch news site is reporting this sad news with quotes from a former Developer. Apparently, Outcast 2 was well underway on the PS2, though no progress had been made on the PC version at all. No reason has been offered as to the cause of the rumoured closure, though Appeal did recently reveal that development on the Outcast sequel had been indefinitely postponed. A financial-crisis would be the obvious cause, though we await some form of clarification. This development would be a great shame, given the excellence of the first Outcast, and the promising nature of the sequel.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit