Activision activate new games
As previously rumoured, Tony Hawk developer Neversoft is working on a brand new title, which was officially confirmed by publisher Activision today. "A compelling new intellectual property that will bring Neversoft's world renowned development prowess to a new genre," is promised by an Acti financial report, and is set to be launched between mid-2005 and early 2006.
Activision president Ron Doornink is already promising it will be "the biggest game of next year," and Neversoft's ambitious period of hiring demonstrates the studio's faith in this new 'franchise', as the ad listings state. Hopefully we'll learn more of this new project soon.
In related news, Activision's financial musings also revealed the publisher's optimism going into 2005, when we can expect Cabela's, Call of Duty, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Madagascar, Quake IV, Shrek, Spider-Man and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater to all be released. The Movies is also said to be Acti's big hope for the current financial year, and should therefore be with us by early 2005.
In other Activision reports, we learn that the US firm will have 'at least' one game ready to launch alongside both the DS and the PSP. The DS title is expected to be Spider-Man 2, the PSP title Tony Hawk's Underground 2, if past news can be credited.
"While the Game Boy has been lucrative, it's never captured an older demographic," Acti CEO Bobby Kotick stated. "We believe that the production values, features, and design of these new handheld systems are likely to expand the portable gaming market significantly." More on all related soon.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free