Activision activate new games
As previously rumoured, Tony Hawk developer Neversoft is working on a brand new title, which was officially confirmed by publisher Activision today. "A compelling new intellectual property that will bring Neversoft's world renowned development prowess to a new genre," is promised by an Acti financial report, and is set to be launched between mid-2005 and early 2006.
Activision president Ron Doornink is already promising it will be "the biggest game of next year," and Neversoft's ambitious period of hiring demonstrates the studio's faith in this new 'franchise', as the ad listings state. Hopefully we'll learn more of this new project soon.
In related news, Activision's financial musings also revealed the publisher's optimism going into 2005, when we can expect Cabela's, Call of Duty, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Madagascar, Quake IV, Shrek, Spider-Man and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater to all be released. The Movies is also said to be Acti's big hope for the current financial year, and should therefore be with us by early 2005.
In other Activision reports, we learn that the US firm will have 'at least' one game ready to launch alongside both the DS and the PSP. The DS title is expected to be Spider-Man 2, the PSP title Tony Hawk's Underground 2, if past news can be credited.
"While the Game Boy has been lucrative, it's never captured an older demographic," Acti CEO Bobby Kotick stated. "We believe that the production values, features, and design of these new handheld systems are likely to expand the portable gaming market significantly." More on all related soon.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update