ICO remains unsequelled
Whilst the imaginative and unusual ICO won't be getting a sequel this year on the PS2, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today refused to rule out an ICO 2 at some point in the future - which will come as at least some encouragement to the game's cult following. Of course, the original Amazon listing for a pre-order title called NICO (believed to be the sequel so desired) did have fans in hysteria - however Sony were quick to dismiss this.
"SCEE has yet to announce any official information related to the sequel of ICO, but we can confirm that such game will not be launching in 2004 for Europe," a spokesman commented, before tantalisingly adding "ICO has been a cherished favourite amongst PS2 gamers and we realise that a second instalment is eagerly anticipated worldwide."
Finally, the UK's Eurogamer.net were told to "Watch this space." Hopefully more soon, then. We'll keep you informed.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer