ICO remains unsequelled
Whilst the imaginative and unusual ICO won't be getting a sequel this year on the PS2, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today refused to rule out an ICO 2 at some point in the future - which will come as at least some encouragement to the game's cult following. Of course, the original Amazon listing for a pre-order title called NICO (believed to be the sequel so desired) did have fans in hysteria - however Sony were quick to dismiss this.
"SCEE has yet to announce any official information related to the sequel of ICO, but we can confirm that such game will not be launching in 2004 for Europe," a spokesman commented, before tantalisingly adding "ICO has been a cherished favourite amongst PS2 gamers and we realise that a second instalment is eagerly anticipated worldwide."
Finally, the UK's Eurogamer.net were told to "Watch this space." Hopefully more soon, then. We'll keep you informed.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though