ICO remains unsequelled
Whilst the imaginative and unusual ICO won't be getting a sequel this year on the PS2, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today refused to rule out an ICO 2 at some point in the future - which will come as at least some encouragement to the game's cult following. Of course, the original Amazon listing for a pre-order title called NICO (believed to be the sequel so desired) did have fans in hysteria - however Sony were quick to dismiss this.
"SCEE has yet to announce any official information related to the sequel of ICO, but we can confirm that such game will not be launching in 2004 for Europe," a spokesman commented, before tantalisingly adding "ICO has been a cherished favourite amongst PS2 gamers and we realise that a second instalment is eagerly anticipated worldwide."
Finally, the UK's Eurogamer.net were told to "Watch this space." Hopefully more soon, then. We'll keep you informed.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone