Doom 3 theme now, SDK soon
An online release of the Doom 3 source code, and a suite of tools to utilise it, will be released shortly after the game's public debut in early August, developer id Software has revealed. This news will no doubt please the eager modding community immensely, as will word of the map editor bundled with the boxed copy of the new game. As usual, we full expect the amateur development community to seize this SDK with relish, and no doubt we'll see plenty of early experimentations hitting the web shortly after the product's launch.
Like the original Doom, Nine Inch Nail's are once again involved in Doom 3's audio, via ex-bandmember Chris Vrenna's game theme tune on this occasion. 'Tweaker's' theme tune can be had from his personal webspace even as we speak, so avid fans may wish to head here without further ado. Bring on August.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015