Doom 3 demo planned post-launch
Having already confirmed that the game is complete, id Software's Todd Hollenshead has also informed us via another .plan update that the developer are currently planning a Doom 3 demo for release after the full title's debut in early August. Naturally, this will come as something of a disappointment to those of us hoping to sample the game sooner than August.
"Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these," Hollenshead stated on Linux and Mac renditions of the game. "However, Linux binaries will be available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves." He added that a Mac version is coming, but currently needs more work and will be done "when it's done."
The promised 'preparation tips' could be online today, Hollenshead revealed, adding that id are currently working on an FAQ as well to address many of the questions pouring in from a hyperactive gaming community. Doom 3 will be sold stateside from August 3rd, with the UK following on the 6th and the rest of Europe chiming in on the 13th.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching