Doom 3 demo planned post-launch
Having already confirmed that the game is complete, id Software's Todd Hollenshead has also informed us via another .plan update that the developer are currently planning a Doom 3 demo for release after the full title's debut in early August. Naturally, this will come as something of a disappointment to those of us hoping to sample the game sooner than August.
"Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these," Hollenshead stated on Linux and Mac renditions of the game. "However, Linux binaries will be available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves." He added that a Mac version is coming, but currently needs more work and will be done "when it's done."
The promised 'preparation tips' could be online today, Hollenshead revealed, adding that id are currently working on an FAQ as well to address many of the questions pouring in from a hyperactive gaming community. Doom 3 will be sold stateside from August 3rd, with the UK following on the 6th and the rest of Europe chiming in on the 13th.
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4