Doom 3 demo planned post-launch
Having already confirmed that the game is complete, id Software's Todd Hollenshead has also informed us via another .plan update that the developer are currently planning a Doom 3 demo for release after the full title's debut in early August. Naturally, this will come as something of a disappointment to those of us hoping to sample the game sooner than August.
"Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these," Hollenshead stated on Linux and Mac renditions of the game. "However, Linux binaries will be available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves." He added that a Mac version is coming, but currently needs more work and will be done "when it's done."
The promised 'preparation tips' could be online today, Hollenshead revealed, adding that id are currently working on an FAQ as well to address many of the questions pouring in from a hyperactive gaming community. Doom 3 will be sold stateside from August 3rd, with the UK following on the 6th and the rest of Europe chiming in on the 13th.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO