Doom 3 demo planned post-launch
Having already confirmed that the game is complete, id Software's Todd Hollenshead has also informed us via another .plan update that the developer are currently planning a Doom 3 demo for release after the full title's debut in early August. Naturally, this will come as something of a disappointment to those of us hoping to sample the game sooner than August.
"Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these," Hollenshead stated on Linux and Mac renditions of the game. "However, Linux binaries will be available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves." He added that a Mac version is coming, but currently needs more work and will be done "when it's done."
The promised 'preparation tips' could be online today, Hollenshead revealed, adding that id are currently working on an FAQ as well to address many of the questions pouring in from a hyperactive gaming community. Doom 3 will be sold stateside from August 3rd, with the UK following on the 6th and the rest of Europe chiming in on the 13th.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat