Doom 3 demo planned post-launch
Having already confirmed that the game is complete, id Software's Todd Hollenshead has also informed us via another .plan update that the developer are currently planning a Doom 3 demo for release after the full title's debut in early August. Naturally, this will come as something of a disappointment to those of us hoping to sample the game sooner than August.
"Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these," Hollenshead stated on Linux and Mac renditions of the game. "However, Linux binaries will be available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves." He added that a Mac version is coming, but currently needs more work and will be done "when it's done."
The promised 'preparation tips' could be online today, Hollenshead revealed, adding that id are currently working on an FAQ as well to address many of the questions pouring in from a hyperactive gaming community. Doom 3 will be sold stateside from August 3rd, with the UK following on the 6th and the rest of Europe chiming in on the 13th.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free