Doom 3 primed and ready
A .plan update by id Software head Todd Hollenshead revealed late yesterday that Doom 3 for the PC is finally complete, or 'gold', and has been sent for duplication with much haste. The announcement, for some weeks thought to be imminent, now makes the previously rumoured early-August launch seem highly probable, with some retailers stateside planning to sell the game from midnight on August 3rd.
"Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of your favourite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first," Hollenshead stated in the update, having already proclaimed that "this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!"
Id are promising pre-Doom 3 'preparation tips' as launch approaches, and also revealed that the UK should get the game around August 6th, closely followed by the rest of Europe around August 13th. Other regions may have to wait a little longer due to localisation and duplication issues. We'll keep you posted on all the latest surrounding this immensely important news for PC gaming.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer