Doom 3 primed and ready
A .plan update by id Software head Todd Hollenshead revealed late yesterday that Doom 3 for the PC is finally complete, or 'gold', and has been sent for duplication with much haste. The announcement, for some weeks thought to be imminent, now makes the previously rumoured early-August launch seem highly probable, with some retailers stateside planning to sell the game from midnight on August 3rd.
"Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of your favourite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first," Hollenshead stated in the update, having already proclaimed that "this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!"
Id are promising pre-Doom 3 'preparation tips' as launch approaches, and also revealed that the UK should get the game around August 6th, closely followed by the rest of Europe around August 13th. Other regions may have to wait a little longer due to localisation and duplication issues. We'll keep you posted on all the latest surrounding this immensely important news for PC gaming.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like