Doom 3 primed and ready
A .plan update by id Software head Todd Hollenshead revealed late yesterday that Doom 3 for the PC is finally complete, or 'gold', and has been sent for duplication with much haste. The announcement, for some weeks thought to be imminent, now makes the previously rumoured early-August launch seem highly probable, with some retailers stateside planning to sell the game from midnight on August 3rd.
"Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of your favourite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first," Hollenshead stated in the update, having already proclaimed that "this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!"
Id are promising pre-Doom 3 'preparation tips' as launch approaches, and also revealed that the UK should get the game around August 6th, closely followed by the rest of Europe around August 13th. Other regions may have to wait a little longer due to localisation and duplication issues. We'll keep you posted on all the latest surrounding this immensely important news for PC gaming.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny