The Rock to star as Doom marine?
In an interview with The Rock (the improbably named Dwayne Johnson in the real world) featured in Empire, the former-wrestling hard man has revealed that if shooting on Spy Hunter is delayed over Christmas because of bad weather in Prague and Amsterdam, then he may well star in Universal's Doom movie. Of course, Mr Johnson certainly has the look and quite possibly the attitude, but whether a Doom movie based around The Rock could ever do the landmark series justice on the big-screen remains to be very much seen.
No further details are forthcoming on the film as we speak, with the project being kept decidedly under wraps. However it is known that Universal are the current licence holders (with a Warner Bros. contract expiring), with several big names mooted for directorial, writing and production roles on the project.
We'll bring you all the latest on Doom's slow and deliberated progress to the big screen as we get it.
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart