Doom 3 tournament for mid-August
Doom 3 release date conjecture was ignited further today with the news that id Software's QuakeCon event will be hosting the world's first Doom 3 multiplayer tournament from August the 12th to the 15th. The annual event held in honour of id's variously magnificent FPS offerings has quashed speculation of an August 3rd launch stating that "there won't be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game" ahead of the event.
Naturally, this suggests a release no sooner, and some sources now suggest August 12th is more likely, at least here in the UK. Regardless, $150,000 in prizes will be available at the tournament, with 128 players competing in deathmatch's for the goodies provided by NVIDIA. Those wishing to take part will need to book a flight to Texas to avoid disappointment. More on all things Doom as we get it.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell