Doom 3 tournament for mid-August
Doom 3 release date conjecture was ignited further today with the news that id Software's QuakeCon event will be hosting the world's first Doom 3 multiplayer tournament from August the 12th to the 15th. The annual event held in honour of id's variously magnificent FPS offerings has quashed speculation of an August 3rd launch stating that "there won't be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game" ahead of the event.
Naturally, this suggests a release no sooner, and some sources now suggest August 12th is more likely, at least here in the UK. Regardless, $150,000 in prizes will be available at the tournament, with 128 players competing in deathmatch's for the goodies provided by NVIDIA. Those wishing to take part will need to book a flight to Texas to avoid disappointment. More on all things Doom as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3