Doom 3 tournament for mid-August
Doom 3 release date conjecture was ignited further today with the news that id Software's QuakeCon event will be hosting the world's first Doom 3 multiplayer tournament from August the 12th to the 15th. The annual event held in honour of id's variously magnificent FPS offerings has quashed speculation of an August 3rd launch stating that "there won't be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game" ahead of the event.
Naturally, this suggests a release no sooner, and some sources now suggest August 12th is more likely, at least here in the UK. Regardless, $150,000 in prizes will be available at the tournament, with 128 players competing in deathmatch's for the goodies provided by NVIDIA. Those wishing to take part will need to book a flight to Texas to avoid disappointment. More on all things Doom as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto