Quantum Break, Remedy's Xbox One exclusive to include TV episodes on disc
Remedy's ambitious Xbox One trans-media project Quantum Break is to ship with some of the TV show episodes on the game disc.
Quantum Break was revealed as a very beautiful-looking trans-media project with the game and TV series to run hand-in-hand with the TV episodes and game's narrative closely intertwined.
Lead writer on the project Sam Lake explained, "Acts of the game are interwoven with episodes of the show. What we have as connecting tissue are these moments of choice related to the fiction of time powers.”
"Our bad guy in the game has the most powerful time powers of all,” he continued, “and he has this junction ability where he's able to see glimpses of different futures, different timelines. It's almost like a dynamic player-created cliffhanger at the end of each act.”
"You get to explore these glimpses and visions of two different futures, and you make a choice as to which comes to be. And from that we shift into an episode of the show. From the first scene you'll get alternate content depending on the choice you've made," he finished.
Quantum Break expected to hit the Xbox One some time next year but there's nothing more definitive than that for the moment.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3