Gosen departs Nintendo
Former Managing Director of Nintendo Europe David Gosen has announced that he will be leaving the big 'N' from August, and will be joining mobile entertainment specialists Digital Bridges as COO. Filling his shoes in part, Jim Merrick will be promoted to senior director of European marketing, whilst Tim Freystedt also moves up to European marketing manager.
"David has made a huge contribution to Nintendo over the last five years and we would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him all the success in the future," European president Satoru Shibata commented in the official announcement.
Gosen recently sparked controversy at an industry conference by pointing the finger of blame Microsoft's way for shortening console lifecycles. He also oversaw the launch of the GBA, GameCube and GBA SP in Europe, and he will join the burgeoning mobile phone publisher at the end of August.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold