Gosen departs Nintendo
Former Managing Director of Nintendo Europe David Gosen has announced that he will be leaving the big 'N' from August, and will be joining mobile entertainment specialists Digital Bridges as COO. Filling his shoes in part, Jim Merrick will be promoted to senior director of European marketing, whilst Tim Freystedt also moves up to European marketing manager.
"David has made a huge contribution to Nintendo over the last five years and we would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him all the success in the future," European president Satoru Shibata commented in the official announcement.
Gosen recently sparked controversy at an industry conference by pointing the finger of blame Microsoft's way for shortening console lifecycles. He also oversaw the launch of the GBA, GameCube and GBA SP in Europe, and he will join the burgeoning mobile phone publisher at the end of August.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone