Gosen departs Nintendo
Former Managing Director of Nintendo Europe David Gosen has announced that he will be leaving the big 'N' from August, and will be joining mobile entertainment specialists Digital Bridges as COO. Filling his shoes in part, Jim Merrick will be promoted to senior director of European marketing, whilst Tim Freystedt also moves up to European marketing manager.
"David has made a huge contribution to Nintendo over the last five years and we would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him all the success in the future," European president Satoru Shibata commented in the official announcement.
Gosen recently sparked controversy at an industry conference by pointing the finger of blame Microsoft's way for shortening console lifecycles. He also oversaw the launch of the GBA, GameCube and GBA SP in Europe, and he will join the burgeoning mobile phone publisher at the end of August.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules