Gosen departs Nintendo
Former Managing Director of Nintendo Europe David Gosen has announced that he will be leaving the big 'N' from August, and will be joining mobile entertainment specialists Digital Bridges as COO. Filling his shoes in part, Jim Merrick will be promoted to senior director of European marketing, whilst Tim Freystedt also moves up to European marketing manager.
"David has made a huge contribution to Nintendo over the last five years and we would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him all the success in the future," European president Satoru Shibata commented in the official announcement.
Gosen recently sparked controversy at an industry conference by pointing the finger of blame Microsoft's way for shortening console lifecycles. He also oversaw the launch of the GBA, GameCube and GBA SP in Europe, and he will join the burgeoning mobile phone publisher at the end of August.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015