Gosen departs Nintendo
Former Managing Director of Nintendo Europe David Gosen has announced that he will be leaving the big 'N' from August, and will be joining mobile entertainment specialists Digital Bridges as COO. Filling his shoes in part, Jim Merrick will be promoted to senior director of European marketing, whilst Tim Freystedt also moves up to European marketing manager.
"David has made a huge contribution to Nintendo over the last five years and we would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him all the success in the future," European president Satoru Shibata commented in the official announcement.
Gosen recently sparked controversy at an industry conference by pointing the finger of blame Microsoft's way for shortening console lifecycles. He also oversaw the launch of the GBA, GameCube and GBA SP in Europe, and he will join the burgeoning mobile phone publisher at the end of August.
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator
- Valve announces the arrival of the Discovery Update for Steam
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November