Index offer Cube for under £40
Those of you tempted by the delights of Super Monkey Ball, Zelda, Mario, et al - but not wishing to shell out £79 for a GameCube may be rather interested by news today that UK high street retailer Index is currently offering a GameCube as part of a widespread promotion for a paltry £39.99.
Of course, the last time Nintendo's console was so heavily discounted, it was actually because stores dropping the product wished to clear their stock - however Nintendo UK are quick to point out this is not the case with Index.
"Index is currently running a big promotion on all its products, of which GameCube is one, offering up to 50 per cent discount", the big 'N' commented. "As far as we are aware, Index will continue to trade with Nintendo at certain times of the year."
Whether or not this outstanding value promotion will cause a run on GameCubes is currently unknown, though it will be interesting to see how this deal impacts sales of the flagging system.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3