Index offer Cube for under £40
Those of you tempted by the delights of Super Monkey Ball, Zelda, Mario, et al - but not wishing to shell out £79 for a GameCube may be rather interested by news today that UK high street retailer Index is currently offering a GameCube as part of a widespread promotion for a paltry £39.99.
Of course, the last time Nintendo's console was so heavily discounted, it was actually because stores dropping the product wished to clear their stock - however Nintendo UK are quick to point out this is not the case with Index.
"Index is currently running a big promotion on all its products, of which GameCube is one, offering up to 50 per cent discount", the big 'N' commented. "As far as we are aware, Index will continue to trade with Nintendo at certain times of the year."
Whether or not this outstanding value promotion will cause a run on GameCubes is currently unknown, though it will be interesting to see how this deal impacts sales of the flagging system.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network