Index offer Cube for under £40
Those of you tempted by the delights of Super Monkey Ball, Zelda, Mario, et al - but not wishing to shell out £79 for a GameCube may be rather interested by news today that UK high street retailer Index is currently offering a GameCube as part of a widespread promotion for a paltry £39.99.
Of course, the last time Nintendo's console was so heavily discounted, it was actually because stores dropping the product wished to clear their stock - however Nintendo UK are quick to point out this is not the case with Index.
"Index is currently running a big promotion on all its products, of which GameCube is one, offering up to 50 per cent discount", the big 'N' commented. "As far as we are aware, Index will continue to trade with Nintendo at certain times of the year."
Whether or not this outstanding value promotion will cause a run on GameCubes is currently unknown, though it will be interesting to see how this deal impacts sales of the flagging system.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny