Index offer Cube for under £40
Those of you tempted by the delights of Super Monkey Ball, Zelda, Mario, et al - but not wishing to shell out £79 for a GameCube may be rather interested by news today that UK high street retailer Index is currently offering a GameCube as part of a widespread promotion for a paltry £39.99.
Of course, the last time Nintendo's console was so heavily discounted, it was actually because stores dropping the product wished to clear their stock - however Nintendo UK are quick to point out this is not the case with Index.
"Index is currently running a big promotion on all its products, of which GameCube is one, offering up to 50 per cent discount", the big 'N' commented. "As far as we are aware, Index will continue to trade with Nintendo at certain times of the year."
Whether or not this outstanding value promotion will cause a run on GameCubes is currently unknown, though it will be interesting to see how this deal impacts sales of the flagging system.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year