Oddworld Stranger picked-up by EA
The next Oddworld game, developed by the Oddworld Inhabitants, will be published by EA - the publisher has revealed. The title is actually without a name at the moment, though is referred to as 'Stranger'. Atari and Microsoft have both relinquished any hold they might have had on the Oddworld brand, and whilst this title won't follow Abe and Munch like past outings, it will most definitely be set in the rich world of the long-running series, featuring the Western-style bounty hunter known as the Stranger.
"Over the past 10 years, Oddworld has consistently elevated the creative bar in each of their titles," enthused Greg Richardson, general manager of EA Partners. "Oddworld Inhabitants represent the type of high quality developer with which we're seeking to partner moving forward."
Of course, this is a coup for the Oddworld Inhabitants, who can now rely on the backing of EA to push their game on the Xbox and PS2. EA will also be pleased to bag a new adventure game with an established pedigree, which they know doubt feel can grow further with their expert branding and marketing.
As the developer's president states: "Partnering with EA is a major win for us", and the Inhabitants will be pleased to be joining the likes of Gas Powered Games, Lionhead and Digital Illusions - all firms who have benefited hugely from EA's 'Partners' division.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer