PSX gets overhaul in Japan
Sony's PS2-DVD recorder hybrid hardware the PSX will be getting something of an overhaul after mixed reactions in Japan. Two flavours will be available, in 160GB and 250GB varieties; both white, with a limited edition silver 'DESR-5100' model also becoming available. Launching on July 1st, the new PSX's will allow users to control DVD recording to better affect disc space usage, and there will also be 50 DVD menu templates, making it easier for people to make their own discs.
DVD+RW and DVD-RW compatibility has also been included, and users will now be able to browse the Playstation bulletin boards (though not download stuff, still). On July 15th, Sony are also planning to release an update for older PSX's adding all the new features of the latest hardware. More as we get it.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access