Lionhead score Millar coup
Former Blizzard veterans Chris and Ron Millar will be joining Peter Molyneux's Lionhead development studio as of this month; a major coup for the developer, given the Millar brothers seminal work on games like Diablo stateside. Starcraft and Warcraft have also benefited from their various talents, and Ron is a producer, whilst Chris is a designer. Their recent history isn't so illustrious however, the pair having departed developer Jaleco where their most recent charge Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde received poor reviews and commercial apathy.
"Ron and Chris have so much experience in games development and design that we felt that they would be an exciting and valuable addition to Lionhead. The games they have worked on speak for themselves, and I am very much looking forward to working with them both," enthused Peter Molyneux on his new employees. Lionhead is "literally bursting with very talented and passionate people," added Ron, enthusing over this new-found "hotbed of creativity."
More on Lionhead's continued expansion as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3