Lionhead score Millar coup
Former Blizzard veterans Chris and Ron Millar will be joining Peter Molyneux's Lionhead development studio as of this month; a major coup for the developer, given the Millar brothers seminal work on games like Diablo stateside. Starcraft and Warcraft have also benefited from their various talents, and Ron is a producer, whilst Chris is a designer. Their recent history isn't so illustrious however, the pair having departed developer Jaleco where their most recent charge Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde received poor reviews and commercial apathy.
"Ron and Chris have so much experience in games development and design that we felt that they would be an exciting and valuable addition to Lionhead. The games they have worked on speak for themselves, and I am very much looking forward to working with them both," enthused Peter Molyneux on his new employees. Lionhead is "literally bursting with very talented and passionate people," added Ron, enthusing over this new-found "hotbed of creativity."
More on Lionhead's continued expansion as we get it.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users