Lionhead score Millar coup
Former Blizzard veterans Chris and Ron Millar will be joining Peter Molyneux's Lionhead development studio as of this month; a major coup for the developer, given the Millar brothers seminal work on games like Diablo stateside. Starcraft and Warcraft have also benefited from their various talents, and Ron is a producer, whilst Chris is a designer. Their recent history isn't so illustrious however, the pair having departed developer Jaleco where their most recent charge Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde received poor reviews and commercial apathy.
"Ron and Chris have so much experience in games development and design that we felt that they would be an exciting and valuable addition to Lionhead. The games they have worked on speak for themselves, and I am very much looking forward to working with them both," enthused Peter Molyneux on his new employees. Lionhead is "literally bursting with very talented and passionate people," added Ron, enthusing over this new-found "hotbed of creativity."
More on Lionhead's continued expansion as we get it.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent