Lionhead score Millar coup
Former Blizzard veterans Chris and Ron Millar will be joining Peter Molyneux's Lionhead development studio as of this month; a major coup for the developer, given the Millar brothers seminal work on games like Diablo stateside. Starcraft and Warcraft have also benefited from their various talents, and Ron is a producer, whilst Chris is a designer. Their recent history isn't so illustrious however, the pair having departed developer Jaleco where their most recent charge Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde received poor reviews and commercial apathy.
"Ron and Chris have so much experience in games development and design that we felt that they would be an exciting and valuable addition to Lionhead. The games they have worked on speak for themselves, and I am very much looking forward to working with them both," enthused Peter Molyneux on his new employees. Lionhead is "literally bursting with very talented and passionate people," added Ron, enthusing over this new-found "hotbed of creativity."
More on Lionhead's continued expansion as we get it.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO