Lionhead score Millar coup
Former Blizzard veterans Chris and Ron Millar will be joining Peter Molyneux's Lionhead development studio as of this month; a major coup for the developer, given the Millar brothers seminal work on games like Diablo stateside. Starcraft and Warcraft have also benefited from their various talents, and Ron is a producer, whilst Chris is a designer. Their recent history isn't so illustrious however, the pair having departed developer Jaleco where their most recent charge Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde received poor reviews and commercial apathy.
"Ron and Chris have so much experience in games development and design that we felt that they would be an exciting and valuable addition to Lionhead. The games they have worked on speak for themselves, and I am very much looking forward to working with them both," enthused Peter Molyneux on his new employees. Lionhead is "literally bursting with very talented and passionate people," added Ron, enthusing over this new-found "hotbed of creativity."
More on Lionhead's continued expansion as we get it.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date