Doom 3 release conjecture
Whilst id Software's much anticipated Doom 3 is said to be heading to the PC stateside this August, UK retail counterparts are being told not to expect copies of the game until October - a discrepancy that has sparked some confusion among gamers. One retailer reportedly told the UK's Eurogamer.net publication that August was unlikely however, as word would have seeped out regarding an imminent Activision marketing push for this massive release, something not forthcoming.
Of course, id have always offered "when its done" as a release date, and publisher Activision have also remained tight-lipped. Indeed, there is even a chance that both Doom 3 and Valve's Half-Life 2 could be released around the same time, sparking a show-down both firms would probably rather avoid. On the other hand, we've already heard reports that the new Doom is nearly complete, so it may be that Activision will spring a surprise debut upon us.
Here's hoping it's out sooner rather than later, naturally.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing