Doom 3 release conjecture
Whilst id Software's much anticipated Doom 3 is said to be heading to the PC stateside this August, UK retail counterparts are being told not to expect copies of the game until October - a discrepancy that has sparked some confusion among gamers. One retailer reportedly told the UK's Eurogamer.net publication that August was unlikely however, as word would have seeped out regarding an imminent Activision marketing push for this massive release, something not forthcoming.
Of course, id have always offered "when its done" as a release date, and publisher Activision have also remained tight-lipped. Indeed, there is even a chance that both Doom 3 and Valve's Half-Life 2 could be released around the same time, sparking a show-down both firms would probably rather avoid. On the other hand, we've already heard reports that the new Doom is nearly complete, so it may be that Activision will spring a surprise debut upon us.
Here's hoping it's out sooner rather than later, naturally.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light