EA Sports apologizes for lacklustre NBA Live 14, improvements are incoming
EA Sports has apologized for the lower-than-expected quality of NBA Live 14.
The return of EA's NBA franchise had been successively delayed to allow it to make a grandstand exclusive return on next-gen consoles and it seems that NBA Live 14 hasn't quite lived up to the enormous hype that EA laid down ahead of its release.
In an open letter to NBA Live 14 gamers the game's executive producer Sean O'Brien apologized to those that bought the game for its shortcomings and promised improvements both in the gameplay and the visual side of things.
“I’m not going to lie; it’s been a rough week. As you can imagine, this isn’t exactly the NBA Live comeback story we were hoping for this year,” he wrote on the EA Sports website. “We hear loud and clear that some of you are disappointed in various aspects of NBA Live 14, and I’m sorry if the game doesn’t live up to your expectations. Looking at your feedback, we have laid out a plan to make NBA Live 14 a better game as quickly as we can.”
“First,” he continued, “you’ve told us that the game is too hard to learn, and that the only way to figure it out is through frustrating trial-and-error. As a result, we are working on improving the way the game teaches the controls and on-boards new users. We realize that every single one of you is a new user and know we need to make the game easier to understand and simpler to pick up and play.”
O'Brien added, “We’re not going to stop there. You’ve also let us know that you’re disappointed by the graphics and animations, and I can tell you that we are committed to making drastic and immediate improvements. In order to get gameplay up and running this year we had to prioritize. We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future. As a result, game visuals and animation polish suffered. Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA Live 14. You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly.”
EA Sports will be holding gameplay tutorial live streams on Twitch.tv and have posted some tips blogs to help players get to grips with the control system more effectively on the NBA Live website.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year