Star Citizen crowd funding rolls on past 30 million USD
It seems that the sky might literally be the limit for Chris Robert's crowd-funded space game Star Citizen.
Raising money seems to be ridiculously easy for Chris Roberts return to game development as Star Citizen has now managed to raise 30 million USD through crowd-funding on Kickstarter and through the game's website at Roberts Space Industries.
Hitting the 30 million USD unlocks development of the Origin 890 Jump spacecraft. The next stretch goal is 32 million USD and will unlock a new salvaging gameplay mechanics and ships to go along with it as voted for by the Star Citizen community.
Roberts said on the Roberts Space Industries site, "And thank you, truly, for making this all possible. Let's make sure no one ever forgets that when publishers wouldn't spend a cent on AAA PC games, real gamers went above and way, way beyond to make Star Citizen happen."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3