Developers depart ION Storm
Word from a number of sources today informs us that respected game design veteran Warren Spector - the man behind Deus Ex - has parted company with the developer he helped form, ION Storm. What's more, further reports coming in indicate that 20-25 developers at the Austin, Texas-based studio have also been laid-off, in a move which publisher Eidos dismissed as perfectly normal after ION Storm completed their two latest projects Deus Ex: The Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows.
On Spector's departure: "Ah rumours... well that sounds like a good one... but it is just a rumour," a representative of owners Eidos Interactive commented. "He certainly has not been laid off." This said, there's no mention of Spector staying on at ION Storm either, sparking conjecture that he may have quit amid the post-development turmoil at the developer. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the latest on this.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year