Developers depart ION Storm
Word from a number of sources today informs us that respected game design veteran Warren Spector - the man behind Deus Ex - has parted company with the developer he helped form, ION Storm. What's more, further reports coming in indicate that 20-25 developers at the Austin, Texas-based studio have also been laid-off, in a move which publisher Eidos dismissed as perfectly normal after ION Storm completed their two latest projects Deus Ex: The Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows.
On Spector's departure: "Ah rumours... well that sounds like a good one... but it is just a rumour," a representative of owners Eidos Interactive commented. "He certainly has not been laid off." This said, there's no mention of Spector staying on at ION Storm either, sparking conjecture that he may have quit amid the post-development turmoil at the developer. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the latest on this.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year