Developers depart ION Storm
Word from a number of sources today informs us that respected game design veteran Warren Spector - the man behind Deus Ex - has parted company with the developer he helped form, ION Storm. What's more, further reports coming in indicate that 20-25 developers at the Austin, Texas-based studio have also been laid-off, in a move which publisher Eidos dismissed as perfectly normal after ION Storm completed their two latest projects Deus Ex: The Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows.
On Spector's departure: "Ah rumours... well that sounds like a good one... but it is just a rumour," a representative of owners Eidos Interactive commented. "He certainly has not been laid off." This said, there's no mention of Spector staying on at ION Storm either, sparking conjecture that he may have quit amid the post-development turmoil at the developer. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the latest on this.
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release