Developers depart ION Storm
Word from a number of sources today informs us that respected game design veteran Warren Spector - the man behind Deus Ex - has parted company with the developer he helped form, ION Storm. What's more, further reports coming in indicate that 20-25 developers at the Austin, Texas-based studio have also been laid-off, in a move which publisher Eidos dismissed as perfectly normal after ION Storm completed their two latest projects Deus Ex: The Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows.
On Spector's departure: "Ah rumours... well that sounds like a good one... but it is just a rumour," a representative of owners Eidos Interactive commented. "He certainly has not been laid off." This said, there's no mention of Spector staying on at ION Storm either, sparking conjecture that he may have quit amid the post-development turmoil at the developer. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the latest on this.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter