Developers depart ION Storm
Word from a number of sources today informs us that respected game design veteran Warren Spector - the man behind Deus Ex - has parted company with the developer he helped form, ION Storm. What's more, further reports coming in indicate that 20-25 developers at the Austin, Texas-based studio have also been laid-off, in a move which publisher Eidos dismissed as perfectly normal after ION Storm completed their two latest projects Deus Ex: The Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows.
On Spector's departure: "Ah rumours... well that sounds like a good one... but it is just a rumour," a representative of owners Eidos Interactive commented. "He certainly has not been laid off." This said, there's no mention of Spector staying on at ION Storm either, sparking conjecture that he may have quit amid the post-development turmoil at the developer. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the latest on this.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released