Dragon Age: Inquisition learning from Mass Effect as far as intimate romantic scenes are concerned
BioWare are promising that they will be taking a new direction with the more romantic elements of Dragon Age: Inquisition.
They will be stepping away from the type of scenes in the first game that saw characters stripped down to Victoria Secrets-style underwear in favour of Mass Effect's carefully shadowed and framed soft focus approach.
Cinematic director, Jonathan Perry explained, “We certainly could push those romance scenes in any direction we wanted really. Something that didn’t work well is that we tried more, well I won’t say graphic, but in Dragon Age: Origins we had characters crawling around in their underwear and it looked weird because they were wearing these lacy Victoria Secret panties and outfits which looked out of place.”
“Certainly,” Perry continued, ”when you have these characters interacting with each other in such an intimate way it’s incredibly expensive in terms of animation fidelity and getting it to look like they are really there and touching each other. I think Mass Effect’s scenes were done really well and I think we will take Inquisition’s scenes in that direction. You might have a nude character but they are framed in such a way that parts of them are in shadow, or having characters in various states of undress.”
“We also want to focus not just on the sex itself,” he added, “but also that this is the culmination of spending a lot of time with a character and getting to know them, and so we’re giving scenes a mature and tasteful treatment I guess. We’ll see where it goes for Dragon Age: Inquisition, it’s something that we’re working on right now so we’ll see how these scenes pan out.”
Dragon Age: Inquisition is in development on PS4, Xbox One and PC and is due out in the second half of 2014.
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens