E3 gets celebrity status
Whilst we're never usually the tabloidesque celebrity spotters that inside we know we really want to be, a new feature on Gamespot late yesterday alerted my attention to the myriad of famous names putting in an appearance at last week's LA expo - so I thought I'd share some of the VIPs with you.
First up, there was Steven Spielberg who - sporting a cap and dark glasses - was able to casually wander onto Ubisoft's stand and have a play of Brothers in Arms; reportedly instantly inducing the fear in Ubi staff (the game bears more than a passing resemblance to the director's Band of Brothers), who began to sweat further as the Saving Private Ryan soundtrack began playing throughout the booth.
Marvel Comics founder Stan Lee wowed attendees with an appearance on Activision's X-Men stand to sign autographs, whilst Tony Hawk also put in an appearance to sign stuff - despite reportedly looking rather bored.
Vivendi's The Chronicles of Riddick game received an enormous boost from Vin Diesel's 'celebrity'-appearance, which saw him striking butch reposes for photos and meeting a select few press representatives. Other famous names at E3 included Shannon Elizabeth (of American Pie fame), pornstar Tera Patrick promoting her role in Eidos' Backyard Wrestling sequel and Shawn Wayans (whoever he is). Tune in next week for more hot celeb gossip (eat your heart out Heat)!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3