The Getaway film confirmed in Cannes
Whilst Sony Computer Entertainment PR types proudly demonstrated their highly cinematic gangster driving game The Getaway: Black Monday to the huge crowds gathering on Monday at the Cannes film festival, SCE's sister company Sony Pictures was confirming what has been rumoured for some time: that a film based on The Getaway is currently in production.
Official word is yet to be forthcoming, though a movie launch to coincide with the new game was originally mooted in various reports - however unlikely that seems, given that the game is out this November. Sony's Screen Gems label was originally reported to be creating the film and hopefully we'll find out for sure soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III