The Getaway film confirmed in Cannes
Whilst Sony Computer Entertainment PR types proudly demonstrated their highly cinematic gangster driving game The Getaway: Black Monday to the huge crowds gathering on Monday at the Cannes film festival, SCE's sister company Sony Pictures was confirming what has been rumoured for some time: that a film based on The Getaway is currently in production.
Official word is yet to be forthcoming, though a movie launch to coincide with the new game was originally mooted in various reports - however unlikely that seems, given that the game is out this November. Sony's Screen Gems label was originally reported to be creating the film and hopefully we'll find out for sure soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title