The Getaway film confirmed in Cannes
Whilst Sony Computer Entertainment PR types proudly demonstrated their highly cinematic gangster driving game The Getaway: Black Monday to the huge crowds gathering on Monday at the Cannes film festival, SCE's sister company Sony Pictures was confirming what has been rumoured for some time: that a film based on The Getaway is currently in production.
Official word is yet to be forthcoming, though a movie launch to coincide with the new game was originally mooted in various reports - however unlikely that seems, given that the game is out this November. Sony's Screen Gems label was originally reported to be creating the film and hopefully we'll find out for sure soon.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch