The Getaway film confirmed in Cannes
Whilst Sony Computer Entertainment PR types proudly demonstrated their highly cinematic gangster driving game The Getaway: Black Monday to the huge crowds gathering on Monday at the Cannes film festival, SCE's sister company Sony Pictures was confirming what has been rumoured for some time: that a film based on The Getaway is currently in production.
Official word is yet to be forthcoming, though a movie launch to coincide with the new game was originally mooted in various reports - however unlikely that seems, given that the game is out this November. Sony's Screen Gems label was originally reported to be creating the film and hopefully we'll find out for sure soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes