The Getaway film confirmed in Cannes
Whilst Sony Computer Entertainment PR types proudly demonstrated their highly cinematic gangster driving game The Getaway: Black Monday to the huge crowds gathering on Monday at the Cannes film festival, SCE's sister company Sony Pictures was confirming what has been rumoured for some time: that a film based on The Getaway is currently in production.
Official word is yet to be forthcoming, though a movie launch to coincide with the new game was originally mooted in various reports - however unlikely that seems, given that the game is out this November. Sony's Screen Gems label was originally reported to be creating the film and hopefully we'll find out for sure soon.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015