Dark Souls and Demon's Souls influenced PS4 features
Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has revealed that the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls have influenced the design of features for the PS4.
Both games offer interesting ways to asynchronously interact with other players like the ability to leave notes for other players to find and it is these ideas that have gone on to influence the PS4's system features.
Yoshida-san said, “Lots of things these games - Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls – did, like leaving the message to other people asynchronously so you feel connected but not really connected at the same time, all of these things inspired us when we were designing the system features for PS4.”
“The sharing features - I enjoy so much watching people playing Dark Souls on YouTube. These games still have special place in my memory,” he added.
The PS4 is already out in the US and will be released in Europe and the UK on Friday, November the 29th.
- More details drop on Destiny's upcoming House Of Wolves expansion
- Far Cry 4: Complete Edition is on its way, just not for Xbox One
- Pre-House Of Wolves patch hits Destiny today, won't be activated until a later date
- SEGA will not have a booth at E3 this year
- Hearthstone hits 30 million registered users
- Oculus Rift confirms the VR headset will launch for consumers early in 2016
- Microsoft confirms DirectX 12 will allow PC users to use multiple graphics processors
- First images from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 appear
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow