Dark Souls and Demon's Souls influenced PS4 features
Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has revealed that the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls have influenced the design of features for the PS4.
Both games offer interesting ways to asynchronously interact with other players like the ability to leave notes for other players to find and it is these ideas that have gone on to influence the PS4's system features.
Yoshida-san said, “Lots of things these games - Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls – did, like leaving the message to other people asynchronously so you feel connected but not really connected at the same time, all of these things inspired us when we were designing the system features for PS4.”
“The sharing features - I enjoy so much watching people playing Dark Souls on YouTube. These games still have special place in my memory,” he added.
The PS4 is already out in the US and will be released in Europe and the UK on Friday, November the 29th.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released