Dark Souls and Demon's Souls influenced PS4 features
Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has revealed that the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls have influenced the design of features for the PS4.
Both games offer interesting ways to asynchronously interact with other players like the ability to leave notes for other players to find and it is these ideas that have gone on to influence the PS4's system features.
Yoshida-san said, “Lots of things these games - Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls – did, like leaving the message to other people asynchronously so you feel connected but not really connected at the same time, all of these things inspired us when we were designing the system features for PS4.”
“The sharing features - I enjoy so much watching people playing Dark Souls on YouTube. These games still have special place in my memory,” he added.
The PS4 is already out in the US and will be released in Europe and the UK on Friday, November the 29th.
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson