Dark Souls and Demon's Souls influenced PS4 features
Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has revealed that the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls have influenced the design of features for the PS4.
Both games offer interesting ways to asynchronously interact with other players like the ability to leave notes for other players to find and it is these ideas that have gone on to influence the PS4's system features.
Yoshida-san said, “Lots of things these games - Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls – did, like leaving the message to other people asynchronously so you feel connected but not really connected at the same time, all of these things inspired us when we were designing the system features for PS4.”
“The sharing features - I enjoy so much watching people playing Dark Souls on YouTube. These games still have special place in my memory,” he added.
The PS4 is already out in the US and will be released in Europe and the UK on Friday, November the 29th.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine