Gabriel Knight: Sins Of The Fathers HD remake coming in 2014
A remake of Jane Jensen's classic sleuth point and click adventure Gabriel Knight: Sins Of The Fathers is due to be released in 2014 to celebrate the game's 20th anniversary.
The new HD remake will feature completely reworked graphics and backdrops and even a re-recorded soundtrack. Unfortunately this means that it features completely new voice acting from a new cast with experience on Telltale games like The Walking Dead and Tales of Monkey Island losing Tim Curry's excellent voicing of Gabriel Knight.
Jensen explained, “We had to rerecord. Because it’s been twenty years, most of the original actors would not sound the same and also the cost of getting that original cast was prohibitive. For the remake we used Bay Area Sound, who have done a lot of games with Telltale including Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, and The Walking Dead. So we were in good hands and got good results.”
It will be a fully 2D point-and-click adventure remaining fully faithful to the original aside from the audio though.
“When we looked at remakes like Monkey Island or Broken Sword, or even some of the King’s Quest remakes, we really felt Sins of the Fathers needed to stay true to the original story and gameplay, both for reasons of nostalgia but also because it worked,” Jensen added. “We didn’t want to completely change the formula and break it! And the game deserved to be remade lovingly, just as it was. We are adding in a few new things here and there, but I wanted the original to be fully represented.”
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year