Id Software begin work on new game?
In an interview with Reuters, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead revealed that the team currently working on Doom 3 will immediately turn their attentions to a brand new project just as soon as the third in the revered series ships. The team will support Doom 3's release on the PC - which is expected very soon now - and on the Xbox, but could still begin preliminary work on the new title within days of these completions.
It has already been mentioned that id's latest will not be a continuation of their existing brands, instead a brand new series is in the offing, we're told. Enthusiasm for the new project must certainly by high however if the team are so keen to begin work on it despite having only just completed nearly fours years of development on Doom 3. More as we get it, then.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced