Id Software begin work on new game?
In an interview with Reuters, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead revealed that the team currently working on Doom 3 will immediately turn their attentions to a brand new project just as soon as the third in the revered series ships. The team will support Doom 3's release on the PC - which is expected very soon now - and on the Xbox, but could still begin preliminary work on the new title within days of these completions.
It has already been mentioned that id's latest will not be a continuation of their existing brands, instead a brand new series is in the offing, we're told. Enthusiasm for the new project must certainly by high however if the team are so keen to begin work on it despite having only just completed nearly fours years of development on Doom 3. More as we get it, then.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year