Id Software begin work on new game?
In an interview with Reuters, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead revealed that the team currently working on Doom 3 will immediately turn their attentions to a brand new project just as soon as the third in the revered series ships. The team will support Doom 3's release on the PC - which is expected very soon now - and on the Xbox, but could still begin preliminary work on the new title within days of these completions.
It has already been mentioned that id's latest will not be a continuation of their existing brands, instead a brand new series is in the offing, we're told. Enthusiasm for the new project must certainly by high however if the team are so keen to begin work on it despite having only just completed nearly fours years of development on Doom 3. More as we get it, then.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes