Id Software begin work on new game?
In an interview with Reuters, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead revealed that the team currently working on Doom 3 will immediately turn their attentions to a brand new project just as soon as the third in the revered series ships. The team will support Doom 3's release on the PC - which is expected very soon now - and on the Xbox, but could still begin preliminary work on the new title within days of these completions.
It has already been mentioned that id's latest will not be a continuation of their existing brands, instead a brand new series is in the offing, we're told. Enthusiasm for the new project must certainly by high however if the team are so keen to begin work on it despite having only just completed nearly fours years of development on Doom 3. More as we get it, then.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch