Id Software begin work on new game?
In an interview with Reuters, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead revealed that the team currently working on Doom 3 will immediately turn their attentions to a brand new project just as soon as the third in the revered series ships. The team will support Doom 3's release on the PC - which is expected very soon now - and on the Xbox, but could still begin preliminary work on the new title within days of these completions.
It has already been mentioned that id's latest will not be a continuation of their existing brands, instead a brand new series is in the offing, we're told. Enthusiasm for the new project must certainly by high however if the team are so keen to begin work on it despite having only just completed nearly fours years of development on Doom 3. More as we get it, then.
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent