LinkedIn profile suggests Resident Evil 7 has been in development since 2012
It seems that Capcom may have started working on Resident Evil 7 as soon as Resident Evil 6 was out of the door.
An entry on the LinkedIn profile of costume designer Karen Brackenridge (now removed) stated that she worked as a costume designer on Resident Evil 7 between November 2012 and January 2013.
Former Capcom man Michael Pattinson said in an interview a wee while back on the future of the RE6 and the future of the series, "With Resident Evil 6 we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated. The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You'll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase."
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine