Crytek USA to bid on Darksiders after all
It looks like Crytek USA will be bidding for the Darksiders series after all.
When Crytek swooped in to hire the former staff of Vigil Games they stated that they weren't interested in picking up the Darksiders series along with the staff that made it.
Now it seems that Crytek's new US studio is feeling a bit sentimental for the series they put so much work in to and is preparing a bid for it.
Crytek USA boss stated on Twitter, "Going to bid on Darksiders IP. Put 7 years of heart and soul into that franchise, and I think it belongs at home with its creators."
The announcement has been confirmed by fellow Vigil survivor and current Crytek employee, Ryan Stefanelli who added, "When the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we're all excited at the prospect."
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge