Crytek USA to bid on Darksiders after all
It looks like Crytek USA will be bidding for the Darksiders series after all.
When Crytek swooped in to hire the former staff of Vigil Games they stated that they weren't interested in picking up the Darksiders series along with the staff that made it.
Now it seems that Crytek's new US studio is feeling a bit sentimental for the series they put so much work in to and is preparing a bid for it.
Crytek USA boss stated on Twitter, "Going to bid on Darksiders IP. Put 7 years of heart and soul into that franchise, and I think it belongs at home with its creators."
The announcement has been confirmed by fellow Vigil survivor and current Crytek employee, Ryan Stefanelli who added, "When the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we're all excited at the prospect."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer