Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games says Konami
It appears that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and MGS: Ground Zeroes are separate games after all.
Hideo Kojima suggested yesterday that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain would both form Metal Gear Solid 5 however Konami has stepped in to clarify the situation.
Without giving too much away Konami released a statement saying, "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games. Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, and that's all we can share at this time."
There's no information on release dates at this point and there's not even any confirmation on what platforms Ground Zeroes will appear on. MGS 5: The Phantom Pain is in development on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3