Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games says Konami
It appears that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and MGS: Ground Zeroes are separate games after all.
Hideo Kojima suggested yesterday that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain would both form Metal Gear Solid 5 however Konami has stepped in to clarify the situation.
Without giving too much away Konami released a statement saying, "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games. Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, and that's all we can share at this time."
There's no information on release dates at this point and there's not even any confirmation on what platforms Ground Zeroes will appear on. MGS 5: The Phantom Pain is in development on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year