Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games says Konami
It appears that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and MGS: Ground Zeroes are separate games after all.
Hideo Kojima suggested yesterday that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain would both form Metal Gear Solid 5 however Konami has stepped in to clarify the situation.
Without giving too much away Konami released a statement saying, "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games. Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, and that's all we can share at this time."
There's no information on release dates at this point and there's not even any confirmation on what platforms Ground Zeroes will appear on. MGS 5: The Phantom Pain is in development on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer