Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games says Konami
It appears that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and MGS: Ground Zeroes are separate games after all.
Hideo Kojima suggested yesterday that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain would both form Metal Gear Solid 5 however Konami has stepped in to clarify the situation.
Without giving too much away Konami released a statement saying, "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games. Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, and that's all we can share at this time."
There's no information on release dates at this point and there's not even any confirmation on what platforms Ground Zeroes will appear on. MGS 5: The Phantom Pain is in development on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful