First Battlefield 4 footage breaks cover
Battlefield 4 has received its official reveal at this year's GDC.
EA has shown off a whopping 17 minutes of gameplay footage at the GDC showing battle on the streets of the wartorn city of Baku.
EA Games' Patrick Soderlund said, "We are so humbled and proud to debut Battlefield 4 on a global stage with simultaneous events in San Francisco and Stockholm. To be this early in development, and to already be so polished is a huge achievement for the DICE team and reflection of their passion and commitment to driving the franchise forward. Today's demo was just the beginning - we have so much more in store."
"It is thrilling to witness peoples' reaction when seeing the game for the first time," Soderlund added. "It really makes you realize that we are at the beginning of a whole new era for gaming. As artists and craftspeople, we are focused on creating a dynamic, open design that brings people together with amazing, surprising unscripted moments that they'll talk about for days. That's the beauty of Battlefield."
Battlefield 4 has been confirmed for an Autumn release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. There's no news of any PS4 or next-gen Xbox release although it is not in development for the Wii U.
Thanks Develop Online.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below