First Battlefield 4 footage breaks cover
Battlefield 4 has received its official reveal at this year's GDC.
EA has shown off a whopping 17 minutes of gameplay footage at the GDC showing battle on the streets of the wartorn city of Baku.
EA Games' Patrick Soderlund said, "We are so humbled and proud to debut Battlefield 4 on a global stage with simultaneous events in San Francisco and Stockholm. To be this early in development, and to already be so polished is a huge achievement for the DICE team and reflection of their passion and commitment to driving the franchise forward. Today's demo was just the beginning - we have so much more in store."
"It is thrilling to witness peoples' reaction when seeing the game for the first time," Soderlund added. "It really makes you realize that we are at the beginning of a whole new era for gaming. As artists and craftspeople, we are focused on creating a dynamic, open design that brings people together with amazing, surprising unscripted moments that they'll talk about for days. That's the beauty of Battlefield."
Battlefield 4 has been confirmed for an Autumn release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. There's no news of any PS4 or next-gen Xbox release although it is not in development for the Wii U.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3