First Battlefield 4 footage breaks cover
Battlefield 4 has received its official reveal at this year's GDC.
EA has shown off a whopping 17 minutes of gameplay footage at the GDC showing battle on the streets of the wartorn city of Baku.
EA Games' Patrick Soderlund said, "We are so humbled and proud to debut Battlefield 4 on a global stage with simultaneous events in San Francisco and Stockholm. To be this early in development, and to already be so polished is a huge achievement for the DICE team and reflection of their passion and commitment to driving the franchise forward. Today's demo was just the beginning - we have so much more in store."
"It is thrilling to witness peoples' reaction when seeing the game for the first time," Soderlund added. "It really makes you realize that we are at the beginning of a whole new era for gaming. As artists and craftspeople, we are focused on creating a dynamic, open design that brings people together with amazing, surprising unscripted moments that they'll talk about for days. That's the beauty of Battlefield."
Battlefield 4 has been confirmed for an Autumn release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. There's no news of any PS4 or next-gen Xbox release although it is not in development for the Wii U.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative