Kojima Productions reveals the first footage of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Kojima Productions has revealed their new Fox Engine and Metal Gear Solid 5 at the GDC in San Francisco this week.
Hideo Kojima himself took to the stage to show off a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and he also announced that the previously-revealed Ground Zeroes would also for part of MGS 5.
Kojima also discussed photorealism as a cornerstone of the new Fox Engine. He said, "Just because something is physically correct and realistic, doesn't mean that it will look good," stated the developer. What I'm trying to say is that in order to get realistic graphics, you need to study the real world."
He continued, "Perfectly replicating the real world may not be what a game needs, so an artists eye is essential. So you really need an artist's eye to do something great. This and realism is what we mean when we say photorealism through the eyes of the Fox."
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been confirmed in development for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week