Kojima Productions reveals the first footage of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Kojima Productions has revealed their new Fox Engine and Metal Gear Solid 5 at the GDC in San Francisco this week.
Hideo Kojima himself took to the stage to show off a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and he also announced that the previously-revealed Ground Zeroes would also for part of MGS 5.
Kojima also discussed photorealism as a cornerstone of the new Fox Engine. He said, "Just because something is physically correct and realistic, doesn't mean that it will look good," stated the developer. What I'm trying to say is that in order to get realistic graphics, you need to study the real world."
He continued, "Perfectly replicating the real world may not be what a game needs, so an artists eye is essential. So you really need an artist's eye to do something great. This and realism is what we mean when we say photorealism through the eyes of the Fox."
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been confirmed in development for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny