Kojima Productions reveals the first footage of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Kojima Productions has revealed their new Fox Engine and Metal Gear Solid 5 at the GDC in San Francisco this week.
Hideo Kojima himself took to the stage to show off a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and he also announced that the previously-revealed Ground Zeroes would also for part of MGS 5.
Kojima also discussed photorealism as a cornerstone of the new Fox Engine. He said, "Just because something is physically correct and realistic, doesn't mean that it will look good," stated the developer. What I'm trying to say is that in order to get realistic graphics, you need to study the real world."
He continued, "Perfectly replicating the real world may not be what a game needs, so an artists eye is essential. So you really need an artist's eye to do something great. This and realism is what we mean when we say photorealism through the eyes of the Fox."
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been confirmed in development for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent