Kojima Productions reveals the first footage of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Kojima Productions has revealed their new Fox Engine and Metal Gear Solid 5 at the GDC in San Francisco this week.
Hideo Kojima himself took to the stage to show off a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and he also announced that the previously-revealed Ground Zeroes would also for part of MGS 5.
Kojima also discussed photorealism as a cornerstone of the new Fox Engine. He said, "Just because something is physically correct and realistic, doesn't mean that it will look good," stated the developer. What I'm trying to say is that in order to get realistic graphics, you need to study the real world."
He continued, "Perfectly replicating the real world may not be what a game needs, so an artists eye is essential. So you really need an artist's eye to do something great. This and realism is what we mean when we say photorealism through the eyes of the Fox."
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been confirmed in development for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Windows 10 will launch at the end of next month
- The new King's Quest trailer looks at the making of the game's music
- Microsoft teases the world premiere of Rise Of The Tomb Raider's gameplay at E3 this month
- XCOM 2 coming to PC this November
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th