Kojima Productions reveals the first footage of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Kojima Productions has revealed their new Fox Engine and Metal Gear Solid 5 at the GDC in San Francisco this week.
Hideo Kojima himself took to the stage to show off a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and he also announced that the previously-revealed Ground Zeroes would also for part of MGS 5.
Kojima also discussed photorealism as a cornerstone of the new Fox Engine. He said, "Just because something is physically correct and realistic, doesn't mean that it will look good," stated the developer. What I'm trying to say is that in order to get realistic graphics, you need to study the real world."
He continued, "Perfectly replicating the real world may not be what a game needs, so an artists eye is essential. So you really need an artist's eye to do something great. This and realism is what we mean when we say photorealism through the eyes of the Fox."
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been confirmed in development for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015